Hands-on, interactive, introductory workshop to healing the immune and digestive systems with Dr. Eisenheim’s 3 step gut reset program.
Are you experiencing digestive discomfort and feel afraid of what to eat?
Do you end up regretting what you ate?
Are you suffering with autoimmune or Lyme disease and feel like you will never get better?
Having digestive issues can be a common concern for many suffering with chronic illness. Healing the gut can be a key and important step in this healing journey as the gut is the seat of the immune and nervous systems, both often weak in these disease states and essential to complete healing. Eat more freely, without worrying about bloating. Feel better from abdominal pain, food sensitivities, constipation, diarrhea, chronic pain, joint pain, and headaches. Even if you don’t have a chronic illness, this is for you if you are a busy professional who feels burnt out and disconnected. Replenish yourself and reconnect with nature through healing foods and natural medicines. This hands on, interactive workshop is a foundation and a prerequisite to our most popular program, an 8-week gut reset program.
Topics to be explored:
- Learn how fermentation can transform your digestion and immune health; make and take home a fermented food product.
- Learn 3 home remedies, including the Nervous Belly Tea formulated by Dr. Eisenheim, to reduce belly bloat, constipation and abdominal pain.
- Learn about Dr. Eisenheim’s 3 step Gut Reset Program.
Dr. Nitya Jessica Eisenheim, ND is a Naturopathic physician who is passionate about herbal medicine, cooking, healthy food and community building. Nitya grew up in NYC going to conventional doctors. She did not know a dandelion from a tomato plant, nonetheless know that plants can actually heal you. Through learning herbal medicine, Ayurveda, integrative nutrition, naturopathic medicine, cranio sacral therapy and visceral manipulation, she learned ways to listen to the body and be in harmony with it, instead of feeling confused by the body’s signals or feeling like she was in a constant battle with it. She healed from chronic back and hip pain, irregular periods and unhealthy digestion.
Intro to Gut healing and fermentation
September 22nd, 2019
Location: The Organic Gourmet; 58 Schoolhouse Road; Amherst, MA 01002 (Shutesbury)
$85 for one, $150 for two.
Here’s what others have to say about working with Dr. Eisenheim:
– The herbal protocol and elimination diet that you prescribed shifted things quickly for me and I found a lot of relief. The diarrhea and itchiness went away first and then slowly I regained my energy levels. Now I have a better sense of what works for my body and what doesn’t. I feel like the things you prescribed helped to give me a deeper feeling of connection with and understanding of my body. I found a better balance through listening to my body- which foods worked and didn’t, which activities made it better or worse, and how I felt in my body during stressful times. During this time I also resumed my meditation practice and was reminded to find more time for general self care. I also found different ways of being active that took less of a toll on my body.
– Slowly, I was able to heal. You were able to recommend supplements and herbs to heal my stomach. Although it took awhile to get back to normal, I feel much better. No more vomiting or diarrhea. No acid reflux or back pain. Sleep is much better and my energy levels are better than before. My overall health has improved. My energy levels are better than before the stomach problems. I missed being able to work more and go out with friends. I can exercise more and have better stamina. I’m able to sleep better. My stools are always healthy. My other health conditions have improved as well. –RA
I have been able to focus more of my energy on healthier things, instead of dealing with the social and mental challenges. More at peace that my alternative diet is just me long term reality. Finding joy in the foods I can eat! – ALW
After nearly completely recovering from late-stage Lyme disease, I came to Dr. Eisenheim for help with SIBO(small intestinal bacterial overgrowth). After receiving her bodywork, I had relief from my daily upper right quadrant pain for more than two weeks, the longest period of relief I’d felt in a year of having the pain. She helped me design a diet and herbal protocol that worked for me. After years of seeing practitioners who claimed to have the answer, Dr. Eisenheim’s support to help ME choose my healing path was a breath of fresh air.
*DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee that every individual will achieve the same results. Results are dependent on other factors such as pre-existing conditions, co-morbidities, diet, lifestyle, and commitment and time to allow change to occur.
Leslie Cerier, a.k.a. The Organic Gourmet is an internationally recognized farm to table chef and cooking teacher with over 30 years experience specializing in vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals for health and pleasure. Leslie celebrates the earth’s bounty by adapting meals to what is freshly picked and plentiful. For Leslie, it’s all about the yum! Through six cookbooks, including Gluten-Free Recipes for the Conscious Cook and Going Wild in the Kitchen; sold out classes, and Chef trainings across the globe, developing recipes for organic and natural food companies, and wellness coaching with expertise in creating recipes for individuals with dietary sensitivities. Leslie has been featured in Organic Spa magazine, Huffington Post, L A Times, and has been a frequent TV, radio and guest presenter.